This webpage is for those of us in the Mask Tribe...many of us are have been reopening our lives to one another while maintaining the preventive strategies that have kept us well. If you have visited us before, please feel free to jump to the shopping page here to create your order!
These 3 styles of hand-made masks are available on a donation basis to raise money for intervention in the Nhimbe for Progress villages, and beyond, as Covid-19 continues to unfold in the Mhondoro area. Please see the CHANGE! Project details for more information about our program. Thank you!
You may choose one or more masks and your donation directly supports the Change! Project, Nhimbe's Covid-19 intervention!
NEW 3-D DESIGN (currently available in 16 new fabrics)
Here is a quick overview of this new design:
- Designed by an engineer, Dora Cary of Orange Dot Quilts and enhanced with special adaptive features by Heather Hodney.
- Curves out away from nose/mouth, allowing more breathing room.
- Does not slip down when talking.
- Silicone adjusters to size ear loops to fit.
- Ear loop elastic extends behind head, creating a lanyard, allowing mask to be worn around neck when not needed as face covering.
- Nose piece can be removed.
- Made of 2 layers of pre-washed cotton.
- Can be machine washed and dried.
Here is our first testimonial "I love the mask. It is the best fitting one I’ve tried to date. The special features of the nose guard, 3-D breath-ability, toggles for fit, and the elastic for around the neck make this design special—not to mention the beautiful fabric! They really are sensational". Liz H.
FABRICS and LINING of the MASKS
All of the fabric used in these masks has been donated by friends of Ancient Ways and is from Africa. Thank you to all who generously have given us fabric to get started on this! All of the time to make and mail these masks is being donated too!
Thank you for your help with our efforts to make a difference in Zimbabwe!
HOW DO I ORDER?
- The fabric has been pre-washed.
- All linings are made with a complementary fabric from the U.S.
Our volunteers are fairly flexible if you need to do a special order for a child or a not-so-medium person (tall, wide, small, etc) ...just email with a request...after discussing, use the information on the order page. The regular size fits a high percentage of people!
MASKS CAN BE ORDERED IN ONE OF TWO WAYS: Check/snail mail OR Credit card/PayPal.
In each case, you will order the masks you desire with the number and code, as well as the style you choose - pleated or fitted, or 3-D.
Using the shopping cart is fine for online orders. If you want to email your order, fill out the shopping cart and paste into your email (then abandon), or write the codes in an email or letter, and send to a check to Ancient Ways PO BOX 346 SCIO OR 97374
RECEIVING THE MASK
- These masks will likely be mailed from Albany, and so please consider the package and mailing costs when making your donation. Consider the mail delays we have been experiencing, as well as that these are made-to-order masks.
- Masks can also be picked up in Albany by calling 541-259-4673.
Lets take a look at what the villagers have been doing there in Mhondoro, to make their world safer. These women are sewing masks to be able to give 1-2 to each family in Nhimbe. Gathering together in the Nhimbe Community Center Multi-Purpose hut, they have made 286 as of 5/14/20. We thought ahead and bought fabric in March, and then the fabric stores were in lock down and therefore closed in Harare when we wanted to sew.
When the women in the village gather for a sewing project or any project they do together, there is usually much laughter and gaiety. You can see from this video that although many masks have been sewn, the mood is somber and quiet, quite unusual and touching to me.
Thank you for your continued
and amazing support!