Summer Greetings brings the sweet music from Zimbabwe to our local Oregon mid-valley! If you are attending, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org just as soon as possible about whether you can help at our booth where we will be bringing the crafts from our villages as well as other African wares, and sharing information about the latest in our Nhimbe for Progress project. Cosmas Magaya is not able to attend Zimfest but he is here in the states, while his wife Patricia is running things abroad, keeping everything in tip-top shape.
August 9th-12th, we will be celebrating what this wonderful music has brought into all of our lives!
See www.zimfest.org where you will find more information about:
- Zimbabweans who have been able to come for a visit,
- Sharing of daily and nightly Zimbabwe music at WOU campus in Monmouth,
- Vendors who will be offering an African marketplace,
- Musicians of ALL ages playing together as performers and as students,
- Free daytime concerts and affordable concerts at night for 4 nights and 3 days,
- As well as other pre-festival events…look at zimfest.org for more info!
Do let me know if you can help at the booth…many hands make light work…the most critical times are setup and take down every day since all booth items are packed away daily, and then we re-invent the space the following day. Thank you for however you might assist!
Hope to see you there!