Did you happen to forget Ancient Ways as 2012 drew to a close, and we all began the New Year with speed and intensity? Unfortunately, my email program is so basic, that I have to send this to everyone, whether or not you sent us a donation. Отопительные приборы
Thank you so much if you already responded to our annual letter in December! We appreciate it! We have several ongoing programs that are directly serving almost 3,000 people … that means a great deal of expenses which continue year round. For example in 2013:
• We have already spent a few thousand dollars to operate our preschool and feed approximately 70 children a hearty and nutritious meal every day. Your donation of $100 makes this happen for the whole year.
• We have already spent a few thousand dollars to operate the Health Center, which only costs $2 per person to provide services. A high-percentage of recipients are children. For example, a donation of $50 sponsors 25 people (20 or so are children) to receive medical care and health education at no cost. We are not providing x-rays, etc. but are interceding at a basic first aid level, which is unavailable free-of-charge anywhere in Zimbabwe.
• We are giving a couple hundred children afterschool/weekend/holiday programs as part of Girl Guides and a Boy Scouts type of program. This month is their month-long holiday from school, and they are able to attend a weekend campout, which is where we discover more about our individual children. For instance, we find that they need underwear, or that the teen girls need help with their monthly care, or other very personal details of their lives, for example discussing premarital sex and HIV. This is the place we can intervene. The entire year costs only $15 per child.
• We are making plans now to be able to build the next group of wells beginning when the rainy season has ended in May. A donation of only $250 builds an extended family a well which lasts for generations. This costs $5.21 per week. Your family name is painted on the well top.
• We have committed to sponsoring many children for school but can’t proceed without a donation from you. $100 is an average amount that helps keep a child in school who otherwise cannot pay their school tuition – attending school in Zimbabwe is not free!
These are only a few of the many services we offer in two regions in Zimbabwe. Did you forget to send in a donation this year to be part of this collaborative effort that makes a huge difference in so many people’s lives? It’s not just the recipient of the service themselves that is affected, but their entire family is impacted by what we are able to bring, because of your help. Can you find it in your budget?
Please consider what you might be able to do and call the office 877-TATENDA or 541-259-HOPE, or visit us on the web at https://www.ancient-ways.org/about/join-or-donate/2013-focus/. Or, checks can be sent to PO Box 346 Scio OR 97374, made payable to Ancient Ways. Become a sustaining member with a regular bank draft or credit card donation – then we really know what to count on!
It all adds up and YOU MAKE THE DIFFERENCE! Always feel free to call me with questions, or go to www.ancient-ways.org.
Thank you! Tatenda Chaizvo!