Community Center Fire and Gratefully No One Injured!

Just a quick report here, as we don't have all the information, but there has been a fire affecting the Nhimbe for Progress Community Center.

.

Fortunately, as far as we know, no one in the area was injured. The Center was unoccupied at the time, but Isaac, in charge of Building and Maintenance, lives nearby and saw the smoke rising. Moving quickly, he arrived, got out our hoses, and began to put out the fire.

.

We don't have the entire story, but apparently a neighboring resident had a fire that got out of control, and it burned all the way through our playground and newly expanded garden area, but was stopped before damaging any thatch or huts. We are very grateful. Hallelujah for the bore hole, hoses, and Isaac!

Isaac off to the left with only metal structures standing behind him.

We should have a full report in a couple of days. The current situation is that the preschool playground will need to be rebuilt in another location, and a different area used for just running and playing in the meantime, since the grassy area is now quite a sooty problem for the children.

.

The new garden expansion area was damaged (the new 14 rows established last year), so replanting will be needed, but the original 10 rows closer to the buildings started in 2019 are gratefully still in tact!

Much of the new garden expansion has been crisped.

Thank you for your interest and concern...we appreciate however you might help us tackle this new hurdle...we will follow up with more details as they come in. Tatenda Chaizvo!

These banana trees are singed badly but will most likely come out of it with time.
Tags: No tags

Comments are closed.